Byron Bay Markets: The Complete Guide 2022
Head to one of Byron’s magical markets for the finest locally-made products and produce, delicious food, and live music.
A trip to any of the Byron Bay markets is the quickest way to get a real flavour of Byron – in every sense of the word. You’ll find super-fresh organic produce at the weekly farmers market and heaps of unique products at the artisan and community markets.
From boho clothing and handcrafted jewellery to sustainable homeware and natural beauty products, it’s hard to resist going home with something you didn’t plan to buy!
Happily, though, you can feel good about those impulse purchases. The Byron Community Market and artisan markets are run by the Byron Bay Community Association (BBCA), a not-for-profit social enterprise that supports Byron’s most vulnerable residents.
So grab your bags – here’s everything you need to know before you go.
Byron markets at a glance
There are four regular markets in Byron Bay:
- Every Thursday, 7-11 am – Byron Farmers Market
- Every Saturday, 4-9 pm (2 October – 29 April) – Bryon Twilight Market
- 1st Sunday of the month (plus 3rd Sunday in January), 8 am – 3 pm – Byron Community Market
- Quarterly (January, Easter, July, and late September), 8 am – 3 pm – Byron Beachside Market
December 2022 and January 2023
Over the Christmas period and into the new year, the Byron Bay market schedule gets a little busier, so it’s worth mentioning separately. Here’s what you can expect to find in December 2022 and January 2023:
- Byron Community Market – 4th & 18th December and 1st & 15th January, 8 am – 3 pm
- Byron Beachside Market – 4th January, 8 am – 3 pm
- Bryon Twilight Market – Every Saturday except Christmas week, when it changes to Friday, 23rd December
- Lennox Community Market – 11th December and 8th & 29th January
- Byron Farmers Market – every Thursday, 7-11 am
Byron Farmers Market
Every Thursday, 7am – 11 am
Head to Byron Farmers Market for fresh and organic local produce, including fruit and veg, meat, and seafood. Even if you’re not planning on cooking, treat yourself to some delicious food, including olives, cheeses, honey, and baked goods.
With live music and a friendly atmosphere, it’s also a great place to get breakfast and a coffee.
Butler Street Reserve is just a few minutes walk from the centre of town or you can park at the farmers market.
Find it: Butler Street Reserve, Byron Bay
Byron Twilight Market
Every Saturday (1 October 2022 to 29 April 2023), 4 pm – 9 pm
In the warmer months, you’ll find Bryon Twilight Market in the centre of town. Almost a mini version of the Byron Beachside Market, you can browse local artisan stalls and get a bite to eat from one of the market’s food vendors while enjoying live music from local artists.
You can park on the streets around the market, but it does get busy, so walking there is best if you can.
Find it: Railway Park, Byron Bay
Byron Community Market
1st Sunday of the month (plus 3rd Sunday in January), 8 am – 3 pm
Grabbing a coffee and spending a leisurely morning exploring Byron Bay Community Market is one of our favourite things to do. Running since 1987, the Community Market is a great place to browse stalls selling unique products spanning locally made arts and crafts, handmade jewellery, clothing, and more, alongside local musicians and food vendors.
The market starts between Byron Bay Surf Club and Dening Park and extends all the way to Clarkes Beach. You can easily walk from the centre of town or park near the surf club, at Clarkes Beach car park, or along Lawson Street.
Find it: Main Beach Foreshore, Byron Bay
Byron Beachside Market
Quarterly (January, Easter, July, and late September), 8 am – 3 pm
Four times a year, during the school holidays, local artisans set up their stalls in front of Main Beach to sell unique and original products.
Many are focused on sustainable and ethically made items, which include clothing, jewellery, art, natural health and beauty products, homeware, baby clothes, and handmade toys.
Dates are announced throughout the year on the Byron Community Centre website, and the location and parking information are the same as the Community Market.
Find it: Main Beach Foreshore, Byron Bay
Alternatives to the Byron Bay markets
If you miss any of the Byron Bay markets, don’t worry as there are more in the surrounding areas throughout the month:
- Every Friday, 7-11 am – Mullumbimby Farmers Market
- Every Saturday, 7-11 am – Bangalow Farmers Market
- Every Sunday, 7-11 am – Ballina Farmers Market
- 2nd and 5th Sunday of the month, 8 am – 2 pm – Lennox Community Market
- 3rd Sunday of the month, 7 am – 1 pm – Ballina Community Market
- 4th Sunday of the month, 9 am – 3 pm – Bangalow Market